I spent my week in excruciating back pain, but there are still some things making me happy!
1) A visit from GiGi (my grandma, MH's great-grandma), who came from Florida to celebrate Passover with her family. Watching the Mad Hatter interact with her is always such a special treat. In fact, MH wanted to get on the plane with her and go back to "Flor-did-a" today. And when we broke the news that this wasn't really an option, she asked GiGi to come back for dinner tonight. Guess we need to work on our geography a bit.
2) Wonderful family time during the Jewish holidays.
3) Tax season being over for DH, just in time for him to take over Daddy duties while I tried to rest and relax (and sleep - honey, you are the BEST!). I loved hearing about all about a very special Saturday date between my two favorite people!
4) An amazing physical therapist.
5) The 98 degree salt water pool (complete with jacuzzi jets) at my physical therapy clinic.
6) The fact that 6 weeks makes a world of difference (ok, even 3 but I might not have written it then) when you've suffered trauma from a drastic haircut. It really is just hair, even if it doesn't seem that way in the beginning. Luckily, I have an amazing hairdresser who was able to fix the issues I had 6 weeks ago, but it's amazing how quickly it's grown. I did learn a lesson about communication. AND, I am even brave enough to go back for a trim/shaping tomorrow.
7) An amazingly caring, loving, and empathetic husband AND daughter. Major kudos to the daughter, who is just four and so gets it when Mommy isn't up to par. Thank you two for being SO full of love and compassion. Honestly, my words alone could never express what you both do for me and just how grateful I am.
8) An appointment this Thursday with a doctor at a pain management clinic. Hopefully we'll come up with a plan to get me out of this little valley I've been having such a hard time getting out of!
What's making you happy today?