CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blogging Mommas Gone Wild

Well. I can only imagine the hits this post might get.

And although there are parts of the title that are true (we are moms, we do blog, and there was animal print), I really just couldn't resist using it.

The boring title would be: RI/MA Bloggers Get Together For Girls' Night Out.

A fabulous Girls' Night Out.

That happened last Tuesday.

And that I am just now finally getting around to posting about.

We met at The Melting Pot for some delicious food, yummy cocktails, and excellent conversation.

I found our choice of meeting place rather apropos - isn't that what this great big blogopshere is?
A great big melting pot full of people whose lives we get to share in, whose differences and similarities from our own keeps reeling us in and leaving us dying to read more? A place where we find things in common and ties that bind us in a world where we'd otherwise be unlikely to ever cross paths? That's how I like to think of it.

And how it came to be that my friend Liza had the great idea for a bunch of us from this area to get together and take the plunge into the IRL meeting. I had a wonderful time!

There were eight of us (and some who couldn't' make it this time, but I really hope will be able to do the next round!):

(clockwise: Lisa, Beth, Felicia, Liz, Kameron, Liza, me, Andie)



Andie and I (who have many IRL things in common including our very dear friend Marni, who was missed! Although we've chatted plenty via email, I was so excited to finally meet her!)


Beth, with whom I've also traded many emails and came all the way from MA!


Felicia and Liz, who were already friends, but new friends to me

There was delicious food:

We tried three cheese fondues - all of which were scrumptious!

They even gave some of us pink-handled skewers!

Dessert was too amazing to describe. Again three kinds of chocolate fondue with all kinds of treats to drown dip in them

There were drinks!

My cup runneth over . . . the Pomegranate Cosmos were yummy!

And champagne for toasting . . .
And our server, Keith, who was a great sport - he could barely get a word in edgewise (imagine that!)
I had such a wonderful time with such a diverse group of women. Some blogs I was already avidly following, and now I've got some new addictions. It was so much fun to put real faces to names (and pictures), and to see if peoples' real-life personalities matched that which comes across in their writing. And it was amazing to sit down with a group of women I felt I'd known forever, and who share my love of blogging and understand it in a way that not everyone else does. There was laughter, incessant chatter, and it was just a great time.
I can't wait to do it again!
And did I mention, the food rocked too?

10 Fabulous Replies:

Liza said...

I had a blast too! I am already wondering when we're getting together again? Happy Thanksgiving!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Good food, good friends, good fun!

Carol said...

How exciting.

I can hardly type I am so envious!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Hanging out with bloggin' mamas and fondue??? Sounds like you gals had a blast!

Happy Turkey Day!

Anonymous said...

I could really go for some more of the chocolate fondue right now!

Looking forward to doing it again soon.

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

I'm ready to do this again!!

Lipstick said...

Oh wow....that sounds like SO much fun! I am totally jealous!

Unknown said...

I LOVE bloggy get-togethers. I am trying to get a pretty big one together down here in Jan/Feb.

Glad you had a such a grea tim and that Cosmo does look GOOD!

A Crafty Mom said...

Great photos - looks like it was terrific fun!! Fondue rocks!

Kameron said...

Ugh, right after our get together I left for my trip and now am on a business trip and finally alone and can catch up! I feel it may be too late to blog about it, but I had a great time and look forward to hanging out with you fabulous ladies again!!