CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 17, 2009

Changing Channels

Last night while I was out with the girls, DH and The Mad Hatter met my parents for dinner.

DH called home this morning with the story he forgot to tell me last night although how he forgot to tell me blows my mind because I would have still been laughing.

As he was getting MH out of her car seat, she said "Daddy, what does it mean to talk with your hips?"

Uh, according to Mommy it means time to change the station.

Yes, they had been listening to the radio (Oh, come on! Don't tell me you listen to Barney all day long!) and she'd heard the lyrics to the song Don't Trust Me by 3OH!3.

Although I normally flip the station if a song with inappropriate lyrics comes on, Daddy missed it and MH doesn't miss a beat.

(I must add here that DH is a wonderful daddy and I'm in no way insinuating otherwise)

Daddy's response? "Oh, that just means moving your hips and dancing."

To which she broke into full-on hip-swinging head-bopping action and asked "Like this?"

After confirmation that her understanding of said concept of "talking" was indeed correct, they had dinner and never spoke of it again.

This morning, my mom watched the MH for a couple of hours.

MH walked up to her without a sound and started wiggling those hips. And proceeded to say, "Sweetheart, I'm talking to you with my hips!"

Which most definitely made my mom raise an eyebrow and stifle a giggle, but she just went with it. (she, of course, got the explanation later)

Dear Lord, we are seriously in trouble.

I'll admit that though I find the following lyrics completely offensive, the song has a great beat and gets me moving.

Shush girl, shut your lips
Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.

I'll be interested to hear what Kidz Bop 17 does to modify that one.



Author's note: I feel it important to note that 95% of our musical time in the car is filled with Music Together, Kidz Bop, Disney, and Sesame Street CDs. The other 5% we go wild with a variety of Top 40, classic rock, 70's, 80's, disco, funk, and the like so we keep a bit of sanity she has a well-rounded musical palate.

2 Fabulous Replies:

Chelle said...

Rach, I am cracking up!! Lol!!

I think we are all a little guilty of listening to those stations...ha!

I think I should start investing in some kiddo stuff for Bella...but watching her dance in her carseat is so much fun :)

Julie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE MH! She can teach my baby a thing or two when the time comes :)