It has been QUITE a while since I've done a Making Me Happy Monday post (or any posts, but I've been working on that), and I can think of no better way to start my week!
So, without further adieu, I give you the list of things making me happy on this gorgeous Monday morning:
1) It is, indeed, a GORGEOUS Monday morning! The sun is shining for the 3rd consecutive day in a row after weeks and weeks of rain!
2) Due to the aforementioned sun, The Mad Hatter and I will be heading for the beach club for the 3rd consecutive day in a row!
3) The MH has her first swim lesson this afternoon!
4) I had a WONDERFUL holiday weekend filled with family, friends, great food, and fun. I'm sad it's over.
5) Did I mention that the sun is out???
6) I'm feeling positive that we have turned a corner on the icky weather front and that summer has finally arrived.
7) July is my birthday month! And the birthday month of many people I love and care about - time to celebrate!
8) Even though I neglected this poor blog for over two months (yikes!), when I made the decision to come back and re-commit to posting, I got such a warm welcome back to Bloggywood! Thank you to my awesome friends who "get it", and made me even more excited to be back. Your comments made me do a little happy dance :)
9) We took MH to her first baseball game (minor league) on Thursday night. I don't think she watched one bit of the game. She did, however, manage to consume more sugar and junk food than I ever thought her little belly was capable of holding. Which, if you ask me, is exactly as it should be. And there was nothing better than watching her face as she watched the post-game fireworks display. Watching the world through her eyes is something that never gets old.
10) MH and I met up with some friends and went strawberry picking last week. The best part was MH's "Is this a good one?" after each one she picked before she popped it into her mouth. Perhaps one of the reasons we didn't bring home nearly as many berries as I'd been hoping for - I think that of all she picked, about 4 found their way into our basket while the rest ended up in her belly. Which is exactly as it should be, at least based on my own awesome memories of berry picking with my mom when I was a little girl.
What's making YOU happy today? I hope you'll join me in jotting down a few on your own blog, or by leaving me a comment. Either way, I'm sure there is something in your life making you smile!