CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Please help spread the word - it could affect YOU too!

I was just catching up on a little blog reading, and came across this from my friend Liza of A Diva and Two Princesses.

PLEASE, read this post, share it on your own blogs, and any other way you know how.

I know that many of my readers could be affected by this.

As someone who is in the middle of starting a business that will be completely affected by this, I know how concerned I am!

I also know that as someone who loves to purchase handmade gifts and other items, I will be affected in other ways.

As Liza says "We need to do something!", and I couldn't agree more wholeheartedly.

I know I will start researching today to figure out where I might be able to help . . . and I hope you will too!

6 Fabulous Replies:

Liz (Loving Mom 2 Boys) said...

I was thinking of you when I was reading about this!!

I did find a spot to send comments into the CPSIA, but it is only with regards to using components that have been tested instead of testing the final product. There is also a possibility of a caveat for goods made from all natural sources (like 100% cotton etc). Please let me know if you find more info...I will keep looking as well.

♥georgie♥ said...

On my way to click and read about what is going on

Marni said...

I've read about this in a couple of different places. It looks like from this document (http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/rulemaking.pdf) that it will be a couple of years until it's FULLY in place. In the meantime we can fight it. What a crock of *&^% - it was such a covert bill, NO ONE even heard about it until just a month before it's supposed to start.

Midwest Mommy said...

Going to check it out now :-)

Shannon said...

Wow - that's crazy. I can't even imagine. I'm Canadian so it wouldn't affect me, but that would just impact thousands and thousands in the US. I can't believe it!!! I'll have to stay tuned to see what happens. Thanks for sharing the link!

rachel said...

I am so glad you posted about this! more people need to be made aware and need to do something about it!!