CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Top 5 Tuesday - Rachael's Way!

Every day, I am amazed by the blogs I come across. Some are automatic daily reads, some I read because I want to visit someone who has left me a comment, and some I have no idea how I ended up at, but am glad I did!

However, the common thread is that almost everything I read has some kind of impact on me. Many make me laugh, some have made me cry, some make me feel like my life is a walk in the park, and most of all, the majority inspire me. There are some truly gifted bloggers out there, and I am honored to be part of such a diverse, intelligent, and witty group of writers!

Lately I've had some burning questions on my mind.

Okay, they're not exactly keeping me awake at night, but they're questions I'm really interested in hearing the answers to.

My dear friend Dana over at Supernanny, Where Are You was cool enough to let me use her Top 5 Tuesday festival as a forum! Thanks D!

So here we go (and of course, I've posted my own answers too!):

1.) How long have you been blogging?

My first blog post was on May 30th of this year, so I've been blogging for just over 3 months.

2.) Link to your first blog post ever?

Here is my first blog post. It was your basic introduction post - I'd like to think my posts have gotten a lot more interesting as I've continued.

3.)What is the one driving force that actually made you create that blog account?

The Mad Hatter was starting to say and do so many funny things that I was worried if I didn't find somewhere to keep track of them somewhere fairly easily and on a regular basis, we'd forget them too quickly (half the time I think of something I want to blog about in the morning, and can't even remember it a few hours later!). I wanted to create a sort of "scrapbook" where I didn't need to worry about taking pictures, designing actual pages for an album, and try to remember the exact things that were happening in those pictures when I finally got around to it. I love the idea that I can have my blog made into a book that we can treasure and laugh about in the many years to come.

4.)How did you come up with your blog name and what were other names you considered?

I thought long and hard about this one. I had no experience with blogging, knew I would have plenty to learn along the way, and I'm a Mom. So . . . Mommy Learns to Blog seemed like the perfect title for me - it's who I am! I do love to learn new things, and have taught myself quite a big along the way - so much so that many of you have suggested I changed my blog name to Mommy Teaches to Blog, but the way I see it, there is always something else to learn, and I've got a long, long way to go!

5.) Post a link to your favorite blog post ever.

Hands-down, I'd probably go with this one. I dove head-first into the blogosphere and got completely sucked into its vortex! However, since this Top 5 "meme" was my brain child, I'm bending the rules to allow myself a bit of leeway and choosing my two other faves. Those would be this one (I will never tire of watching my little munchkin sing and dance her little heart out with such tenacity!) and this one because I had so much fun celebrating my blogiversary by sharing some facts about myself that my readers (all 8 of you!) might not know!

Now, for those of you who are reading, even if it's not Tuesday anymore, please, please, please create a post of your own anyways and go link up to Dana. I AM, after all, the learning Mommy, and I want to learn more about what made you jump into this vice-grip we would never want to will never get ourselves out of!

6 Fabulous Replies:

Unknown said...

Just so you know, I love the name of your blog!

And you've only been doing this for 3-ish months?? No way! I didn't even know how to link to someone like Dana in a post 3 months in!

I may have to answer these questions myself...

Anonymous said...

what a great meme!

[is this a meme?!?!]

I'm totally using this.

great answers:-) I'm going over now to read your first one....

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Elaine for someone whose only blogged for 3 months you are pretty fantastic at it! :) Great questions btw.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I loved these questions on Dana's, too...I think I will save them for next week.

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I got here on your blog, but nonetheless, I am here and enjoying it! I just may link this up for next week! I love the questions, too.

Wendi said...

I loved this idea!
I participated but forgot to let you know.
Here I am...letting you know.

Loved your answers.
I am so glad you took that giant leap of faith and joined us in Blogville.
It just wouldn't be the same without you!!!