CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

(Not so) Wordless Wednesday

Yesterday was The Mad Hatter's first day of preschool! A post with details will follow, but in the spirit of Wordless Wednesday, I had to post some pics! WARNING: I had a hard time choosing, so there are quite a few! Family and friend eye-candy . . .

Brushing our teeth so we don't have "dinosaur breath" (and inadvertently giving Mommy the finger! Check out the hot pink nail - we had a mini-mani with our haircut last week, and she picked it all herself, complete with bling-bling glitter overlay!)

Getting the giraffe dress on was way more important than underwear! Now we pick not one, but two pairs!

She thinks she's ready to go, but we need to do something about that hair!

A headband will do the perfect job!

My little wild woman - so excited! Still need to brush that hair!

Sharing a moment with Daddy

Ready, set, go! The new backpack is almost as big as she is!

She just had to go in Daddy's car!

So proud to be here!

Bob the Builder was there to greet us! Even though she barely knew who he was, she was enamored! Silly Daddy got a kick out of him too and borrowed his hammer!

Me and my most special girl in the playground right before going in

Oops! Those Oreos aren't real (we're going to have to work on that pretend eating thing a lot more, and Mommy's already stressing about all the the preschool germs!)
Stay tuned for all the wonderful details of the first day - she absolutely loved it! So much, in fact, that we've been up and active in this house since 4AM - she wanted to know if she could go back today. Now I have to explain why we only go two days a week . . .

24 Fabulous Replies:

Anonymous said...

MH, let me and sweetheart be the first to tell you how proud we are of you. Just enjoy all your new experiences, the friendships you will make, and have a "BLAST" - we love you (and your parents) so much :)

Anonymous said...

aww I love these pics - it was really like being there without the awkward moment that would have come if I had been there and you'd be like, "Who are you and why are you here?" and I'd have no idea haha

Congrats on a great first day!

Anonymous said...

great shots! you really captured it!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Okay, she is so cute! I love her little dress!!

Not Your Aunt B said...

How excited was she? That's an awesome first day of preschool. Happy WW.

Unknown said...

MH, Sweetheart just had a good cry! Seeing those pix brought me back to when I took your Mom for her first day. I know you're going to do GREAT! Mom, DH, and MH, take it all in and embrace each and every day. You're going to see so many changes and wonder how did this all happen. We're (Poppy and I) so proud of each and every one of you. Looking forward to seeing how this year progresses. Only good things to come.

Laski said...

Is it totally weird that I got all weepy watching your little one get ready for preschool???

Wow. This mom thing is crazy emotional nuttiness.

Congrats to your little scholar! And hooray for you, momma! So many adventures to come . . .

tiarastantrums said...

So cute - love Bob the Builder at school - no less! that dress is adorable! Where did you get it!!

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

She's adorable! Looks like she was ready to go. Love the dress!

Barbara Doduk said...

I love her dress. Ready for the wild world of pre-school. :)

Happy WW


B @ The Love Blog

The Mom Jen said...

I totally want a giraffe print dress now! What an amazing first day!

A Crafty Mom said...

That IS a fab dress - she looks totally adorable in it and all ready for her big day! I'm glad it went well, my second little boy is going in a couple weeks and I'm so excited for him!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Stop....they grow up way toooooo fast! She's adorable! And, you are right, that backpack is huge!

Carol said...

Stylish as always.

I bet they all adored her can't wait to hear all about it!

Aubrey said...

What a doll! Love the dress! She's one little fashionista!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Awwww...we'll be doing this is less than two weeks.My daughter is so excited, but I'm kind of dreading it.

These cute pictures give me encouragement. :)

Love the dress!

Lipstick said...

Great pictures! MH looks so cute! And so do you...love those chic glasses!

Angelique said...

Awww...the giraffe dress was perfect! She is precious :)

I'm glad her first day went well. Avery asks everyday when she goes back to school (not until Sept. 22 - O.M.G. We are BOTH so ready! lol

Jyl @ MommyGossip said...

Ahhhh! First days! So cute. Love the pics. I dedicated an entire post to the photo ops on my son's first day this week (First Day of School II: Photo Ops Vs. Education). Unfortunately, it wasn't as positive as yours. See those cute little miniature, elf-like chairs in the last pic? That is exactly what I wanted to get a shot of. Yours are terrific!

Blog Stalker said...

Pretty fun looking day. Dont stress about germs. Just strengthens their immune system. I know I should freak, but I have stretched the 5 second rule into 20 lately. And guess what, can't remember last time haad sick kid. Injuries on the other hand or self induced sickness......getting into medicine.....totally different story!

Marla said...

i love the dress...

Wendi said...

I want a dress like that!
Too cute.
So glad her first day went well.
Looks like she had a ball!

Andy said...

Such a cute little dress! What a fun first day. We got jipped out of Bob though!