CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Top 5 Tuesday - Favorite Movie Soundtracks

OK, this week's theme (Favorite Movie Soundtracks) really made me think!

Here's a list of my favorite movie soundtracks, and I think I can limit it to just 5 this week (my movie memory is horrible!).

Beaches - I love every song in it - especially the Friendship theme that carries throughout the whole movie as the girls are writing their notes back and forth to each other. Of course, I am a cheeseball and will always love Wind Beneath My Wings, but also love all the other songs on the soundtrack. You haven't lived till you've heard the whole version of Otto Titsling!

Hairspray - I don't know why I love it more - because I love the movie and the music was so catchy I couldn't sit still even with a bad back, or because my mom bought the CD and has it in her car and the Mad Hatter begs to listen to it all. the. time. She knows every word of every song by heart and belts it out with such fervor! For further proof, check this out.

Mamma Mia! - yes, I love me some Abba! Of course I knew Dancing Queen and a couple of others before seeing the play, but after seeing this play, I could not get enough of the soundtrack (I'm assuming that the movie soundtrack is the same). Another get you out of your seat (or out of your funk and back into a good one!) and get you moving soundtrack - love each and every song!

Dirty Dancing - it's on my list of all time favorite movies, and one of the reasons is that I have the fondest memories of listening to my TAPE (yes, I had it way before I had a CD player) over and over. There's not a song on that soundtrack I do not love. In fact, I can remember many an evening spent with my friends across the street choreographing dances. Our best on was to "Be My Baby" and if I do say so, we were fabulous. One of us would always be the lead singer (I believe it was Ronni) and the other two would be the backup Ronnettes! Oh, I am dating myself for sure!

Waiting to Exhale - I probably should have added this one to my list of movies that I could watch over and over again. I love seeing Whitney at her best, both as an actress and a singer. She was a good girl back then. I loved the story of friendship in the movie, and every time I listen to a song from the soundtrack, I can envision exactly what scene it came from. Great mix of music.

Well, I actually managed to keep it to 5 - maybe Dana should make me a special award or something!

If you want to play, head on over to Supernanny, Where Are You and link up.

And if you want to play but don't want to do your own post, leave your list right here in my comments section!

8 Fabulous Replies:

Patrice said...

Great list! Someone told me the other day I need 2 check out the Mama Mia soundtrack. I loved the ABBA songs when I was younger but they were remade by the Ateens LOL. I haven't seen all the other movies but I've also heard great things about Hairspray!!

Unknown said...

I love your list--especially Dirty Dancing! I did a routine with some friends to a song on the soundtrack in my 3rd grade talent show! Ha!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I'm not a soundtrack person, so I don't think I could come up with 5...but I remember one that I bought in HS that was pretty funny. The Beavis and Butthead soundtrack. What was I thinking?

Laural Out Loud said...

I need to pull out my ABBA CDs and get Gabi singing along to the GOOD stuff, lol.

I love the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, too! I wore my CD out, and need to get a new one.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Beaches is a great one and so is Waiting to Exhale...I think I need to dig those out and listen. Good Picks!

TheAustinEmpire said...

I LOVED Dirty Dancing! I can't believe I forgot that one.
You're gonna kill me cause I haven't seen Mama Mia or Waiting to Ehxale. And I still haven't seen Hairspray. I have some catching up to do.

Great picks though, I just love seeing everyone's answers every week.

Wendi said...

Great picks...the girl has great taste in music!

Pam said...

Bethany dubbed me a tape of dirty dancing with Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians (remember the 1987 hit "What I am")... on the B side. Both are still among my faves although I don't know where the tape is anymore:)