CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Ask and you shall receive!

I've got a secret.

And I know you really want to know the answer.

Some of you really want to know the answer.

How do I know?

I've gotten several comments and emails requesting that I share this HUGE secret.

This secret might just change your life!

Or maybe just your blogging style.

You'll have others begging you to let them in on the secret!

So, are you ready?

Do you think you can handle it?

Without further ado, I present to you: How to do the word crossy-out-thingie

Yes, my friends - even a Mommy who is learning to blog can teach you a thing or two.

Are you ready for this?

It's pretty complicated. You better take notes.

Create your post.

When you are done, click on the Edit Html tab.

Put your cursor RIGHT in front of the word you want to cross out.

Type this: "less than" symbol (next to M on keyboard) followed by del and "greater than" symbol (next to "less than" symbol on keyboard)



Move your cursor to the end of the word you are trying to cross out.



Do the EXACT same as above, adding a "/" (aka backslash) before the letters "del"

Click on the Compose tab.

If you have followed these extremely complicated steps, your word should be "crossed out".

My dear blog buddies, I know this all sounds very difficult.

But trust me - I have FAITH in you.

I KNOW you can do it!

And when you can (and if you feel like it), you too can pass along the power.

As for how the learning Mommy came to post a mini-tutorial?

A lady never tells her secrets.

A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: in creating this mini-tutorial, I learned that if I actually typed the instructions exactly as they should appear both before and after the word you want to cross out, I couldn't GIVE you a tutorial because the words actually got crossed out. This means Mommy has learned a second lesson. You do not need to go into the Edit Html mode to do said cross-out-thingy. Just follow the instructions as noted above as you are typing your post, and you should be all set. Clear as mud? If you've got questions, shoot me an email at mommylearnstoblog@gmail.com and I will be sure to help you out!tutorial test

4 Fabulous Replies:

Simply Shannon said...

Awesome- I totally have it now. Woo Hoo! I love learning new things. Thanks Rach.
Did you figure out about the handicapped symbol thing yet?

Carol said...

Look at you.....I promote you to blog genius!

Wendi said...

I have had the "secret" all along.
You never asked.
I would have shared.
Ask Duchess.

I cross out my words a little differently and to me even easier!
Here's how:

( The comment section would not allow me to write those instructions here. I will email them...you can thank me later)

Nothing to it, and you look like a genius!
Well done learning to blog Mommy!!!

Lisa said...

I've always wanted to know how to do that. Thanks!