CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

In Real Life

OK, I am trying out the It's Real Life fest over at Farm Fresh Iowa. I am a week late because last week at this time my back was in so much pain, I could barely get out of bed! I think I've got the whole list, you'll get the picture(s)!

Welcome to our humble abode! Come on in! First, let's take a look at what the Mad Hatter is up to right now (well, hopefully she is sleeping now, but this is the pic I got right before bedtime):


While we're at it, her room is definitely my fave in the house right now. We've been busy converting from baby to "big girl". When I found this pattern, I went nuts and ordered everything. It's called Clothes Line and is totally me (and, of course, MH). DH and I (well, mainly DH) put up the border and added the new valance and curtains. I've got some coordinating pictures that I'm going to hang with pink and white gingham ribbon. Then, I'm going to buy the letters that make up her name, hand-paint and decorate them, and hang them from the matching ribbon on an opposite wall. We're all loving her "new" room, and the new sitter who came to play today while I was home told me it looked like a room right out of the PBK catalog. Needless to say, I was thrilled! I haven't captured all of it, but you can get the idea!




Can I offer you a drink? Well, let's take a look at this lovely fridge. Outside first - clearly, I am a collector! I'm also a big proponent of learning toys, and we love the Leap Frog fridge stuff. I have to admit that there is not much substance in my fridge (note: fridge has been filled since picture was taken 2 days ago). I always have plenty of stuff for MH, but we tend to buy as we need since it's hard for me to get out for regular grocery shopping and I hated PeaPod delivery service. The freezer is full of "stuff", and totally disorganized, as you can see.


Wanna see organized? Take a look at Hubby's closet.



Then there's me. I'm mortified at the bottom of my closet - my poor shoes get kicked off in there and then MH helps me get the ones I want to wear.


Speaking of, here are my current faves. The brand is OkaB, and I must be completely out of the loop because these shoes are quite popular, and were meant to be on my feet. Since the surgeries, I am only allowed to wear flats. I have been looking for cute brown ones for-ever. Last Friday I saw two different women in two different places wearing these (in two different colors, imagine that!). Upon asking, I learned that each pair was purchased at the same FABULOUS little shop (which I adventured to today and could now be one of my favorite places to shop for gifts - I mean, the shopping bags are black and white toile!). How cool is this? I had no idea the shoes were made of a rubbery flip flop material. Kind of Croc-ish, but much more flexible. You can't tell when someone is wearing them because the big grosgrain bow covers the surface. AND, the ribbon can be switched out so you can change them up. They are most comfy, and at $30, they were a bargain, so I treated myself to a pair in both brown and black. Are they adorable or what? Right, back to some sort of organization (since it's definitely not my strong suit). My fabulous hubby does all of our laundry, almost on a daily basis. Here's the current load, not yet full enough to go:
Soooo, back to the kitchen. Here's my sink. Nothing too exciting here - I do try to keep it as empty as possible. I'm quite thankful for our dishwasher.

Need to use the little girls' room on your way out? We've even got a little stool if it's too high for you! Also, if you're afraid of falling in, feel free to use our potty seat!



Before you go, have one last look at me. I'm usually looking a little better, but you're standing kind of close.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope the next time you come for a visit, we might be looking a little neater around here (and maybe have some more food so we can offer you a nice meal!).

OK, I am skipping THIS week's Real Life. I don't lie when I tell you that it has taken me 2 days to get this post done. If anyone has tips on how to add so many pics in an easier way (other than upload, then switch to edit Html and cut and paste), comment away!

12 Fabulous Replies:

Rae said...

Thanks for the tour! I love MH's room and your shoes are darling!!!

Simply Shannon said...

Very nice Rach! I love MH's room- so cute and girly! The green is almost exactly the same as Ciara's room.
I also love your sink. I don't think I've ever seen one like that before.

Anonymous said...

Adorable room and adorable shoes. I am loving these posts.

Anne Elizabeth said...

Her room is too cute! Love it! I just upload my picture directly. I don't mess with the html cut and paste. Too much hassle. There is an icon when you are creating the post that is for uploading the pictures. It lets you pick the size and everything. I think you can upload 5 at a time. Hope that helped. Oh you hit the browse button and select the file from your computer then select the picture.

Karen MEG said...

Your girl's room is just adorable!!!! My 3 yo's is still a work in progress, but we've got a pink/yellow/green theme going and she quite loves it.

I love the tour! Our toilet area is almost identical, potty seat and stool are in the same spot!!

You are so very cute, too ;). This type of post is SOOOOO exhausting with all the photos.

thanks for your lovely comment at my blog, I'm glad you stopped by!

Shelly said...

Your little gir's room is very adorable.

I like your kitchen sink, I have never seen one like that before. It is very unique.

Shelly said...

Oh yes and I foregot about the shoes. Where can you find those?

Laural Out Loud said...

MH's room is SO COOL. I wish I had it in me, but I just can't get it together to finish Gabi's room.

Unknown said...

Your daughter's room is terrific!

I love those shoes. I'm going to have to run out (waddle out--whatever) and get me some!

Too funny on your self portrait. "you're standing kind of close"

A Crafty Mom said...

NICE feet and shoes - so cool!! Those are some nice sexy red toes - love the real life pictures!

Wendi said...

Love your "real life".
Thanks for the tour of your home.
Loved it.
I think we have the same refrigerator.
Must. have. those. shoes.

Kristen said...

I am loving your real life too! How fun!

The shoes my dear...are to die for. Seriously the bow on the top is too much, and your pedi looks fabulous! :)

Thanks for the tour, and even though I am standing close, you are beautiful!!!